- 4 (4 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 c. plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. ground flaxseed
- 1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Combine chicken breasts and buttermilk in a resealable plastic bag, place in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove chicken from bag and discard buttermilk and bag.
Whisk together bread crumbs, flaxseed, cheese, Italian seasoning, onion powder and pepper in a pie plate.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Pat bread crumb mixture onto chicken breasts, coating completely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.