- 1 Medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 Medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 C. chopped celery
- 2-1/2 C. water
- 2 TSPS. chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 TBSPS. butter
- 3 TBSPS. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 TSP. salt
- 1/8 TSP. pepper
- 2 C. 2% milk
- 1 C. (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 TSP. of hot pepper sauce, optional
HOW TO MAKE:
1-In a large bowl, combiiine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12TO15 mins or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
2-In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over mediiium heat; cook and stir for 2 mins or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stiiir in the cheese until melted. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture.
Prep time: 10 min(s)
Cook time: 20 min(s)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 1/2 c.
Each serving = 4 SP
PER SERVING: 123 calories; 3g fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 18g carbohydrates; 10g sugar; 9g protein; 4g fiber
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!