- 1 lb. lean ground beef (0.45 kg)
- 1 Teaspoon salt (5 mL)
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper (2 mL)
- 6 Ounces cream cheese (180 g)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 lb. mushrooms (0.45 kg)
- 2 Tbsps. butter (30 mL)
- 1 Teaspoon seasoning salt (5 mL)
- 1 Teaspoon dried parsley (5 mL)
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper (1 mL)
- Grated cheese (optional)
HOW TO MAKE:
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In large frying pan, over medium heat, brown ground beef and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. If your ground beef is too dry add some light-tasting olive oil or bacon fat. Set aside to cool.
In food processor, process cream cheese and add eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Pour over ground beef and stir to combine. Pour into bottom of a small 4-C. (1 L) casserole dish. Press down.
In frying pan in butter, over medium heat, cook mushrooms until softening and turning brown. Sprinkle with seasoning salt, parsley and black pepper. Place on top of the hamburger mixture. If desired, sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake about 20-25 mins, or until set. Do not overcook.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!