- 8 Bone-in pork loin chops (1/2-inches thick and 6 ounce(s) each)
- 1 Teaspoon(s) seasoned salt
- 1 Tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 Can (10-3/4 Ounce(s)) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 Cup(s) whole milk
- 1/2 Cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 Package(s) (26 Ounce(s)) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 Cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 Can (2.8 Ounce(s)) french-fried onions, divided
HOW TO MAKE:
Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil.
In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper; stir in hash browns, 3/4 Cup(s). cheese and half of the onions. Spread into a greased 13*9-inches baking dish. Arrange pork chops on top.
Cover and bake at 350°F for 40 mins. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 mins longer or until meat juices run clear.
1 each: 512 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Pork Chop Potato Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 1999
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!